13-17 & 20-24 August 2016
Firenze was fortunately my home base during my trip this summer. My best friend, Sydney, recently moved there so I got to see the city from both a tourist and local perspective which was really neat.
In total, I spent 7 days and 8 nights in this beautiful city. Because I had a significant amount of time here I paced myself. I let myself sleep in and didn’t pack too much into one day, which was really relaxing. I crossed most tourist destinations off my bucket list:
- Walking across the Ponte Vecchio
- Seeing the David at Galleria dell’Accademia
- Wandering around the Ufizzi Gallery
- Watching the sunset at Piazza Michelangelo
- Taking in the beauty of Boboli Gardens
- Rubbing the nose of the Porcellino
- Climbing the Bell Tower of the Duomo
- And even taking a day trip to Cinque Terre
My favorite thing to do in Firenze besides eating gelato was just to walk around and people watch at all of the different Piazza’s. I believe I visited every major Piazza while I was there. My favorite was Piazza Santo Spirito, where a lot of locals go to dine and socialize.
The greatest benefit of staying with locals was that they knew where to go out, what to eat, and the fastest routes to all of the sites. It was nice to take it slow because the rest of my time in Italy was pretty jam packed.
Italy is a gorgeous country and I am so grateful I was able to take this trip. I will always cherish the memories I made and the people I met along the way. Until next time.